New User? Sign Up  |  Sign In  |  Help
Barcode support and
tutorials from IDAutomation
and the community.
Click for the BBB Business Review of this Computers Hardware, Software & Services in Tampa FL
Resolved Questions Bookmark and Share
naut210

Barcode font scaling

I am using Visual Studio 2012 and Crystal reports. Currently I create barcode just by using your barcode font. The limitation to this is if the text for the barcode creates a barcode wider than the control the text is just lost and the barcode is invalid. I am looking for a control that calculates the size of the barcode font based off the size of the control. So if the convert text is to long for the size of the control then the font is reduced until it fits into the control size.

Operating System: windows

Application: Visual Studio Crystal Reports

10-09-14     1809 day(s) ago    

  Report Abuse

 

Ben

Best Answer

There is a significant difference between an ActiveX Control and a barcode font product. ActiveX Controls generate images and generally have an AutoSize property. Our solutions for Crystal Reports consists of barcode fonts and font encoders.

We do have a Streaming Solution for Crystal Reports which uses a web component such as the Dynamic Barcode Generator Service. This may be an option is you are interested in streaming images. Web components generate barcodes as images so it does have the ability to auto size.

Posted 1807 day(s) ago

()
()
  Report Abuse
 
Find Interesting
 
Email to Others
 
Bookmark
 
Subscribe to Answer Alert
No comments yet.     Be the first to comment.
Other Answers (4)

Ben
Unless you are able to modify the label to fit the largest barcode, there is not much that we can do on our end. If you are working with fonts, you could set it to its smallest scannable size for the specification. However, I assume this is what you have already attempted.

Posted 1806 day(s) ago

()
()
   Report Abuse

naut210
My application is production labels printed from a visual studio forms application. My barcode control size is limited by the width of the label. A barcode font will work for probably 80% of labels. It's the other. 20 % that would need the font resized slightly so the barcode remains valid.

Posted 1807 day(s) ago

()
()
   Report Abuse

naut210
In MS Access I used an activeX control in my reports and this scaled the barcode font to fit the text box size. I am aware the font by itself won't rescale but someone must have something that work for Crystal Reports

Posted 1808 day(s) ago

()
()
   Report Abuse

Ben
Based on the requirement, this is simply something that a barcode font in Crystal Reports cannot do on its own. This would require some development effort on your end within Visual Studio (if it is possible).


Posted 1808 day(s) ago

()
()
   Report Abuse
Email this question link to friends
You must enter an email address, if name is entered or vice-versa for each friend.
Friend #1 -
Friend #2 -
Friend #3 -
Friend #4 -
Friend #5 -
  Your comment on this question
  |         |  
bold  italic  underline  strike       big  small       superscript  subscript 
  Allows to add a link. Added links would only be converted to actual clickable link, when the domain of the link is white-listed by administrator.
Caption :
Link URL :
(Must starts with "http://")
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert an image. Must be among the following file types - *.jpg, *.gif, *.png & *.bmp.
Image Url :   Upload New
(Image url must always starts with " http:// ")
Width : pixels
(Must not be greater than 450px. Enter 0px for no resize)
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert YouTube video. Insert the video embed code.
Embed Code :
Add  |   Cancel
Up to 5000 Characters are allowed. Current Count: 0
  Your comment on this answer
  |         |  
bold  italic  underline  strike       big  small       superscript  subscript 
  Allow you to add a link. Added links would only be converted to actual clickable link, when the domain of the link is white-listed by administrator.
Caption :
Link URL :
(Must start with "http://" or "https://")
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert an image. Must be among the following file types - *.jpg, *.gif, *.png & *.bmp.
Image Url :   Upload New
(Image url must always start with "http://" or "https://")
Width : pixels
(Must not be greater than 450px. Enter 0px for no resize)
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert YouTube video. Insert the video embed code.
Embed Code :
Add  |   Cancel
Up to 5000 characters are allowed. Current Count: 0

You may answer and comment on any thread according to the Terms and Conditions.

 © Copyright 2019 IDAutomation.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.

 Barcode Fonts | Components | Scanners | Support | Contact Us
Training Videos on YouTube Join us on Google Plus Join us on LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook