New User? Sign Up  |  Sign In  |  Help
Barcode support and
tutorials from IDAutomation
and the community.
Click for the BBB Business Review of this Computers Hardware, Software & Services in Tampa FL
Resolved Questions Bookmark and Share

Barcode Font in Crystal (QR Code) changes per workstation

We have added a QR Barcode to the report, Inside of crystal the barcode prints perfectly and on 60% of my workstations it prints ok. The other 40% of the machines if they have their adobe reader or their local print driver set to fit to page or to change anything other than actual size it skews the barcode on the report and it is not usable. Is there any way to never allow the size of the barcode to not stretch or change even if the local user changes their settings? Currently the size of the barcode is set with the font and font size inside of crystal, Can this be set in the barcode formula?

Operating System: windows 7 pro and 10 Pro

Application: Crystal Reports Ver 11

11-25-19     128 day(s) ago    

  Report Abuse

 

Brant

Best Answer

This issue applies to all Barcode Fonts when used in Crystal Reports and the Native Barcode Generator for Crystal Reports. The issue exists because users that have different screen settings will view the fonts differently.

It may be possible to implement a network policy in the domain controller. If that does not work, the best way to never allow the size of the barcode to stretch or change would be to use an image, such as what is demonstrated in the Streaming Barcode Images into SAP Crystal Reports tutorial.

Posted 128 day(s) ago

()
()
  Report Abuse
 
Find Interesting
 
Email to Others
 
Bookmark
 
Subscribe to Answer Alert
No comments yet.     Be the first to comment.

Email this question link to friends
You must enter an email address, if name is entered or vice-versa for each friend.
Friend #1 -
Friend #2 -
Friend #3 -
Friend #4 -
Friend #5 -
  Your comment on this question
  |         |  
bold  italic  underline  strike       big  small       superscript  subscript 
  Allows to add a link. Added links would only be converted to actual clickable link, when the domain of the link is white-listed by administrator.
Caption :
Link URL :
(Must starts with "http://")
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert an image. Must be among the following file types - *.jpg, *.gif, *.png & *.bmp.
Image Url :   Upload New
(Image url must always starts with " http:// ")
Width : pixels
(Must not be greater than 450px. Enter 0px for no resize)
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert YouTube video. Insert the video embed code.
Embed Code :
Add  |   Cancel
Up to 5000 Characters are allowed. Current Count: 0
  Your comment on this answer
  |         |  
bold  italic  underline  strike       big  small       superscript  subscript 
  Allow you to add a link. Added links would only be converted to actual clickable link, when the domain of the link is white-listed by administrator.
Caption :
Link URL :
(Must start with "http://" or "https://")
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert an image. Must be among the following file types - *.jpg, *.gif, *.png & *.bmp.
Image Url :   Upload New
(Image url must always start with "http://" or "https://")
Width : pixels
(Must not be greater than 450px. Enter 0px for no resize)
Add  |   Cancel
  Allow to insert YouTube video. Insert the video embed code.
Embed Code :
Add  |   Cancel
Up to 5000 characters are allowed. Current Count: 0

You may answer and comment on any thread according to the Terms and Conditions.

 © Copyright 2019 IDAutomation.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.

 Barcode Fonts | Components | Scanners | Support | Contact Us
Training Videos on YouTube Join us on Google Plus Join us on LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook